Flinks was established by Gunnar Flink back in 1907, as a local ironmonger’s situated at Odengatan 44 in the Vasastan area of Stockholm.
In 1922 an employee named Viktor Brante took over the company, remaining its CEO until 1969 when his son Lars Brante succeeded him. Lars Brante modernised and developed the company in many ways.
In 1974 the business moved out to Hornsberg and became one of the first ironmonger’s in the country where customers could pick products off the shelves themselves. Previously the staff had stood behind a counter and fetched the products for the customers. Flinks now focuses solely on supplying companies, and its product range and service is geared precisely to the needs of professional tradespeople.
In 1989 Flinks was involved in starting the BIG Group. Read more about the BIG Group here: www.big-gruppen.com
In 1996 Claes Lundqvist took over as CEO and co-owner. His first task was to start another outlet and...
In 1997 Flinks opened its second cash and carry store in Sätra.
In 2008 a third outlet opened in Bromma, and
In 2009 the fourth outlet opened in the Slakthusområdet district near the Stockholm Globe.
In 2013 the company acquired Täby Järn and began planning a fifth Flinks outlet in Täby.
In 2016 11 january Flinks Järn Täby opens.
In 2021 construction will begin on the sixth Flinks facility in Norrköping.